Raising children to love God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength is the most rewarding—yet demanding—responsibility entrusted to Christian parents. Busy schedules, career demands and negative cultural influences are just a few of the issues parents are confronting today. The Falls Church Anglican is committed to assisting parents learn how to impart a Biblical worldview to children in the face of these and other challenges. This page is designed to provide a simple collection of resources to support your journey in parenting.
- Holy Bible. This is the single most important resource available to parents.
- Revolutionary Parenting by George Barna
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp
- Spiritually Parenting Your Preschooler by Hope Flinchbaugh
- Parenting with Scripture: A Topical Guide for Teachable Moments by Kara Durbin
- Rock-Solid Kids: Giving Children a Biblical Foundation for Life by Larry Fowler
- The New Dare to Discipline by James Dobson
- Power of Teachable Moments: Using Everyday Experiences to Teach Your Child about God by Jim Weidmann and Marianne Hering
- Parents Guide to the Spiritual Growth of Children: Helping Your Child Develop a Personal Faith by John Trent, Rick Osborne and Kurt Bruner general editors
- Transforming Children into Spiritual Champions by George Barna
- Character Matters: Raising Children with Values That Last by John and Susan Yates
- Proverbs for Parenting: A Topical Guide for Child Raising from the Book of Proverbs by Barbara Decker
- Raising Kids to Love Jesus by H. Norman Wright and Gary J. Oliver
- Children Demand a Verdict by Josh McDowell
- Parenting in the Pew: Guiding Your Children into the Joy of Worship by Robby Castleman and Ruth Graham Bell
- 365 Family Devotions: Little Visits series, Concordia Publishing House
- Family Time Activities series by Kirk Weaver, National Center for Biblical Parenting
- Families Learning Together series by Karyn Henley, The Standard Publishing Company
- Heritage Builders/Family Night Tool Chest series by Jim Weidmann, et. al., Focus on the Family
- The Young Peacemaker series by Corlette Sande and Ross Flint & Associates
- Leading Little Ones to God by Marian M. Schoolland
- Jesus is Better than Santa author unknown. Looking for a way emphasize Jesus this Christmas? This is a short poem that shines the spotlight on the Christ of Christmas.
- Focus on the Family - Parenting Forum, Parenting Assessment Tool, on-line store, media reviews, etc.
- Family Life - Culture Watch blog, Better Parenting tips, on-line forums, on-line store, etc.
- Biblical Parenting - Parenting tips, on-line support groups, phone coaching sessions, etc.
- Visionary Family - Pod casts, video downloads, etc.
- Susan Yates' Blog - Read Susan's latest blog, or see her archives on MomLife Today.
- DiscipleLand Blog - Christian publisher of children's materials wants their blog to stimulate discussion and encourage thought on the topic of the discipleship of children.
- 31 Biblical Virtues to Pray for Your Kids (prayer card) by Bob Hostetler
- Praying for Your Unborn Child by Francis and Judith McNutt
- Blessing Your Children by Jack Hayford
- How a Man Prays for His Family by John Yates
- FamilyLife Weekend to Remember - Specifics can be found at www.familylife.com
- The Association of Marriage & Family Ministries - Conference information can be found at www.amfmonline.com
Bible Study Guides
- HomeBuilders Parenting Series, FamilyLife