Men and women desiring to be married at The Falls Church Anglican must be active members or children of active members (or in the process of becoming active members), celibate and living apart. If you and your fiance'/fiancee' meet these criteria, we welcome the opportunity to partner with you in this special event!
In addition to meeting the above criteria couples must:
- Have their wedding approved by clergy;
- Attend premarital mentoring through The Falls Church Anglican;
- Adhere to the guidelines set forth by The Falls Church Anglican concerning ceremony details.
Scheduling Your First Meeting with Clergy and Premarital Mentoring
To allow time for adequate premarital preparation and instruction, contact the Church at least eight months prior to your desired wedding date. The first appointment (in the mentoring process) is with a member of the clergy to obtain his approval for the wedding to go forward.
- To receive permission from the minister, you will need to schedule an appointment with both the bride and the groom present. This meeting will be about 90 minutes in length. Contact Donna Wills at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-282-0207 to schedule your meeting with the clergy and begin the process.
- After the wedding is approved, the couple begins premarital counseling with lay mentors, and a date can be set on the Wedding Calendar.
- Premarital mentoring couples are being fully utilized, which is why contacting the church eight months before the wedding is strongly recommended.
The Wedding Guide
The Wedding Guide is an essential part of your planning. It will give you detailed information on how to schedule your wedding, who to contact for various questions, and guidelines concerning wedding details. Important phone numbers are also provided. The Guide will answer many of your questions and we suggest you read it thoroughly, and early, in your planning. Click this link for a copy of the TFCA Wedding Guide.
The Wedding Team
The Wedding Team is a volunteer ministry of TFCA. A member of The Falls Church Anglican Wedding Team will be assigned to help you plan the logistics of your ceremony and will be present for the rehearsal and wedding day to assist clergy and facilitate your preferences if you choose to have your ceremony in Hoge Chapel at Columbia Baptist Church. You will also meet the Wedding Team member about two months prior to your ceremony and again, about three weeks before the ceremony. Lynn Nelson is the Director of the Wedding Coordinator Team, and she can be reached at 571-282-0223 or email@example.com. This ministry is not available for weddings scheduled at any venue other than Columbia Baptist Church.
If the Wedding Team is utilized for your wedding at Columbia Baptist Church, these additional documents will be needed in the final months of your planning:
- Wedding Planner Form – this should be completed 1-2 months prior to your wedding and will be reviewed with your Wedding Coordinator. To view or download the planner form, click HERE.
- Photographer and Videographer Guidelines – The photographer and videographer must be approved by the Wedding Team Coordinator PRIOR to signing the contract. The photographer and videographer guidelines must be given to your photographer/videographer several weeks prior to the wedding. We suggest you review them with your photographer prior to signing a contract.
- Photographer Guidelines * Videographer Guidelines