Fellows START WELL:
The Falls Church Anglican Fellows Program equips recent college graduates to live seamless lives of faith in all areas: family, vocation, community, discipleship and service, for the sake of others and the glory of God.
The nine-month Fellows Program has grown from the awareness that young adults desire spiritual maturity so they can make a difference in the world. It’s a full immersion year, loaded with intentional learning opportunities and practical hand’s- on experience in family living, discipling youth, and working in the marketplace. With the support and guidance offered, Fellows START WELL.
For 20 years, TFCA’s Fellows Program has launched leaders into families and communities and into careers in the arts, medicine, public service, vocational ministry, education, and business.
- Community-- Fellows are a diverse community of 12-13 recent college graduates who desire to live seamless Christian lives in all areas. Fellows START WELL: They meet regularly to cook and eat together; to pray and study together; and to challenge, celebrate, and serve one another.
- Church-- Fellows engage in the life of TFCA where they learn, serve, and are inspired to apply themselves fully to lives of deep faith. The local church provides the physical and spiritual sustenance for the individual and communal Christian life.
- Work-- Fellows are placed into jobs within their fields of interest in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area job market.
- Seminars-- Fellows are exposed to national and community leaders who work out their faith in a wide range of professions.
- Mentors-- Each Fellow is matched with an older mentor from the church community to serve as a patient ear and wise voice throughout the program.
- Discipleship-- All Fellows serve as small group leaders in TFCA's Youth Ministry. Internships in the Youth Ministry are also available for two Fellows every year.
- Theological Study-- Fellows participate in a year-long Bible Study led by a qualified facilitator. In addition, they enroll in six hours of biblical/theological coursework from Reformed Theological Seminary. These graduate credits are eligible for transfer to other U.S. seminaries. Fellows also attend several weekend teaching retreats throughout the year, including a week-long "Knowing and Doing" retreat in early January with an acclaimed vocational counselor.
- Family-- Each Fellow lives with a host family in the community where room and board is provided at no cost. It is often the case that Fellows and their host families develop close, long-lasting relationships.
TFCA Fellows Blog - http://www.fallschurchfellows.blogspot.com
Visit "Now, But Not Yet: The Musings of Friends Living in Fellowship."
The Fellows Initiative (TFI) - http://www.thefellowsinitiative.com
The Falls Church Anglican Fellows program is part of The Fellows Initiative (TFI). TFI is a coalition of regional Fellows Programs (post-graduate Christian leadership development programs) established in key communities around the nation. Fellows are bright, hard-working, college graduates who seek to build Christ's kingdom in their communities and vocations. During their program year, Fellows hold part-time positions in fields related to their interests: business, law, education, the arts, medicine, government, youth ministry, etc. Additionally, Fellows are enrolled in graduate-level academic courses, are mentored by more mature Christian men and women, and regularly engage in community and church service activities.
For a listing of Fellows Program participants, 1995-2009, click HERE.