For couples who desire them, Marriage Mentors are available through the ministry of Pastoral Care. A Marriage Mentor Couple is “a happy, more experienced Christian couple who purposefully invest in another couple to help them effectively navigate a journey that they have already taken.” They are couples with many years of marital experience who are willing to come alongside couples with less marital experience for the purpose of enrichment and support. A mentoring relationship would be especially suited to those in their early years of marriage, but could be appropriate for a couple at any stage of marriage.
** Marriage Mentor Couples are not counselors or therapists and therefore are not equipped to deal with serious marital issues.
What does a Marriage Mentor Couple do?
- Willingly share what they know (in a non-competitive way).
- Represent skill, knowledge, virtue, and accomplishment because they have gone before the couple they are mentoring.
- Take a personal and heartfelt interest in the other couple’s development and well-being.
- Offer support, challenge, patience, and enthusiasm while guiding other couples to new levels of competence.
- Point the way and represent tangible evidence of what another couple can become.
- Expose the recipients of their mentoring to new ideas, perspectives, and standards.
- Has more expertise in terms of knowledge, yet views themselves as equal to those they mentor.
- Provide prayer support for the couple they mentor.
If you are interested in being matched to a Marriage Mentor Couple, we ask that you complete the Mentoree Application Form by clicking HERE. Please return all completed forms to:
Attn: Donna Wills, Pastoral Care Admin Assistant
The Falls Church Anglican
PO Box 690
Falls Church, VA 22040
You will be contacted for a meeting with a member of the clergy to determine if mentoring is right for your particular situation.