Location: Miami, Florida
Next Meeting: March 17, 4-5 p.m.
Price: $1,150 (includes: airfare, housing, food for the week, construction supplies, ministry supplies, staff costs, security, Praying Pelican Mission fees, as well as on the ground transportation)
From Brock Morgan:
For the past month we have been working on getting information about the safety of Haiti. I have spoken to workers on the ground regularly for the past few months and have come to a final decision about the trip: We have decided that we are not going to return to Haiti this coming Summer. I’m sure that maybe you’ve heard that it currently is on the “do not travel” list and even if it became safe in Haiti by June, it would be very difficult to plan a trip in the midst of the chaos that is happening there. As you know, the safety of our children is a top priority. So over the past two weeks we have been praying and scheming behind the scenes to come up with an alternative and we are very excited by the door that God has opened up for us!
I contacted our partner from last years Haiti trip, Praying Pelican Missions, and asked them about a possible trip just outside of Miami, Florida where I have personally done mission work in the past among Haitian people living there. The amazing thing is that they have a base right there, all with this same Haitian community. Youth groups have been going there and serving for years and the very week that we were supposed to travel to Haiti happens to be available: June 23-29. Amazing!
We will be running a children’s camp for about 200 Haitian children everyday in Florida, doing some construction work, and meeting other needs in the community.
There will be more information coming out soon with more details, but we wanted to make sure that you understood where we were with our mission trip for this coming summer. We are re-opening registration for a couple of weeks to see if there is any more interest for this trip, now that it is a domestic mission here in the States. We need to know by March 6 if you DO NOT plan on attending this trip based on the new details. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.